The Informed Parent was set up to counter frustration and isolation experienced by parents in their efforts to seek information about immunisation, following uncertainty about its safety and effectiveness. Subscription is on an annual basis with a newsletter to provide information and a voice for subscribers. You will also receive a comprehensive reading list and notice of any local talks or meetings. Link-up lists will be available for subscribers who wish to make contact with other like-minded people for discussion and support (see Aims and Objectives No. 6). We cannot give medical advice, and we neither recommend nor advise against vaccination, but we can help parents inform themselves and make the right decision for their child.
PLEASE NOTE: TIP is a non-profitmaking organisation and is purely dependant on subscriptions, donations and book sales to exist as an information point for the public. If you have found this site useful please show your appreciation by taking a subscription out or making a donation. This will enable TIP to continue with it’s primary aim i.e. to help people become INFORMED.
Aims & Objectives
- To promote awareness and understanding about vaccinations in order to preserve the freedom of an informed choice.
- To offer support to parents regardless of the decisions they make.
- To inform parents of the alternatives to vaccinations.
- To accumulate historical and current information about vaccination and to make it available to subscribers and interested parties.
- To arrange and facilitate local talks, discussions and seminars on vaccinations and preventative medicine for childhood illnesses.
- To establish a nationwide support network and register (subject to subscribers permission).
- To publish a newsletter three times a year.
- To obtain, collect and receive money funds by way of contributions, donations, subscriptions, legacies, grants or any other lawful methods; to accept and receive any gift of property; to administer such funds and property and to devote the income, assets or property of the organisation in or towards fulfilment of the objectives of the organisation.